All Y locations are temporarily closed until the Governor and the Department of Health communicate is is safe to reopen. YMCA summer camps will begin June 29. See camp page for further details. Contact your local Y if you need to change your membership or camp registration status.
To Our Y Family,
As we wrap up 2019 and prepare to celebrate the holidays with family and friends, I want to take a moment to thank you for all your support this year. Together, we were able to advance our commitment to our communities by leveraging the power of the Y’s network to reinforce our positioning as a vital community asset for all. Please join me in celebrating just a few of our many shared accomplishments in 2019.
- Provided $1,500,000 in financial assistance to those who need it most
- Helped 38,000 members maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Conducted 65,000 swim lessons
- Led 35,000 exercise classes
- With the help of generous grants provided 60,000 meals to children in need
- Trained over 2000 youth athletes through various sports programs
- Opened our doors to hundreds affected by the government shutdown + extreme heat
- Honored six extortionary heroes from our community
- Sold out Dancing Under the Stars event
- Sold out Annual Charity Golf Tournament
In 2020 we’re on a mission to develop a new generation of change-makers who will create communities we all want to work in. While our organization has changed a lot over the past few years, one constant is that we’re all at our best when we work together.
We’re proud to be your partners. Thank you for all you do every day to ensure the Y remains a vital community asset for all. Wishing you and your loved ones a joyful and safe holiday season and a happy and healthy New Year. Merry Christmas!
With Dignity and Respect,
Steven G. O’Donnell
Chief Executive Officer
YMCA of Greater Providence