BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CARE
If your child enjoys the magic of summer camp then the YMCA Before & After School program is the perfect fit for school year care. As one of the largest providers of school-age programs in the South County area, we help area children every day reach their fullest potential in a welcoming, fun, and supportive environment. By incorporating the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility into all of our youth services programming, we give children the solid foundation they need to thrive—not only in school but beyond.
Our program includes:
- Homework Help
- Enrichment Curriculum encompassing sports, art, science, fitness, outdoors and healthy living
- Flexible options of one to five day, morning and/or afternoon care
- Qualified & Caring Staff
- On Campus Programs for Grades K thru 8
- Includes After School Swim Lessons(including transportation)
- Character Development & Service Learning
- DHS is accepted
- Includes School Professional Day Programming
- Full Day Summer and Vacation Camps are available.
Currently we have programs serving the following schools. All OST kids from the South Kingstown schools and from Narragansett Middle School are transported to Peace Dale Elementary. We provide transportation to the Y (in Peace Dale, RI) for weekly swim lessons.
- Broad Rock Middle School (PM only)
- Matunuck Elementary School
- Narragansett Elementary School
- Narragansett Middle School (PM only)
- Peace Dale Elementary School
- Wakefield Elementary School
- West Kingston Elementary School
Our Before & After School Program, servicing South Kingstown, was recently awarded an impressive 4-star rating from BrightStars, and our Narragansett program was awarded 4-1/2 stars! BrightStars is a Rhode Island agency that reviews programs to recognize quality and give parents information to make informed choices about their children’s care and education. Congratulations to our Youth Development Team on a job well done!
- The YMCA takes pride in the quality of the staff in our youth programs.
- Our staff consists of mature and enthusiastic individuals who help us provide a quality, safe, and enjoyable program.
- Reference checks are conducted, documented, and filed on all employees working with children.
- A criminal history background check, and mandatory fingerprinting.
- The YMCA of Greater Providence requires all school age program staff to take CPR, First Aid, and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Our staff receive an ongoing education through the YMCA.
Our flexible program pricing options provides families 1 to 5 day options for before school care, after school care, or both. Download our Program Options and Enrollment Application.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. The YMCA offers financial assistance through its Annual Support Campaign and accepts third party payments, such as DHS, ensuring that high quality child care is affordable and accessible to all.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
As a charitable organization, our mission is to ensure that Y programs such as summer camp is available and accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay. Financial assistance is provided through donations to the Y’s Financial Assistance Fund.
We determine eligibility not only on income but also consider any financial hardship you may be experiencing. We encourage you to apply. Please complete the Financial Assistance Application and bring it with you to our Welcome Center. All information will be kept confidential. DHS is also accepted. Please contact Gloria Silvia with any financial questions or concerns you may have.