Welcome to Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett!
Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett has 117 acres with hiking trails, low ropes course, two ponds, spray park, sports field, two archery ranges, basketball, Ga-Ga Ball, tennis courts, playground equipment, covered pavilions for rainy days and so much more!
Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett, serving the Kent County, Cranston, PYS, and West Bay Family YMCAs, serves children daily through a variety of traditional, specialty and sports programs. Y camp leaders are committed to creating a strong sense of community, helping campers to challenge themselves, develop self-confidence and lasting friendships, and have FUN in a safe environment.
Take The First Steps To Making 2017 The Best Summer Ever!
- Day Camps Early-Bird Discount: Register by April 22nd to receive $25 off camp registration!
Learn more about the wonders of Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett in the video below! Hear the story of our camper, Finn, and see how much he's gained from camp each year.
Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett Goals
In order to successfully achieve the mission of the YMCA Summer Day Camps, the staff of Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett will work hard to meet the following goals:
- Offer a challenging and enjoyable experience in the out-of-doors to develop an appreciation of the natural surroundings and environment.
- Provide an opportunity to learn to appreciate one’s self and others in a group setting.
- Promote healthy lifestyle habits that have carry over value into the camper’s home and school life.
- Create an emotionally and physically safe environment in which the camper can have a successful experience.
- Encourage camper independence and positive behavior with the YMCA Character Values as a foundation.
- Allow campers to be kids!
Information coming soon!
Camp Ok-Wa-Nessett is proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association, the only voluntary accreditation program for summer camps in the U.S. For more information on the over 300 standards that are part of the accreditation process, please go to www.acacamps.org.